Friday, May 27, 2011

CV - favourite fiction


As long as I can remember I've been a bookworm. No matter the difficulties of life I've never stopped reading. It's a haven. A place for me and my thoughts. On my own but yet in the safety of not being alone. It's impossible to name my favorite fiction, there are too many. But to me the best novel is slow when it comes to plot but digging deep into the essence of being.  I think my favourite writers would be:
Colm Toibin
Alice Munro
Kazuo Ishiguro
John Irving
But I find it hard to list. I have had periods devoted to Agatha Christie, Ed McBain, Enid Blyton, Ernest Hemingway, Erich Maria Remarque...
But I also enjoy Curtis Sittenfeld, Dave Eggers, Jeffery Eugenides (the foreword to his collection of love stories is among the most heart breaking things I've ever read), Nick Hornby, Sarah Waters. There are so many and I am deeply grateful. Their words, their work have enriched my life in so many ways.

2 comments:

  1. I too have periods of life that I associate to specific books and authors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. totaly agree with you about writers'words, i'm also very grateful
    have a golden week

    ReplyDelete