Monday, April 4, 2011



my husband bought eco italian artichokes (a rarity here) and I parboiled them and made lemon mayo with pestled peppercorns to serve. I also made a fish fond (stock?), simmering shrimp shells, fish bones, garlic, herbs and root crops for an hour. Sieved the fond and added cream, peeled tomatoes, fish and shrimps. All sunshine so far but then suddenly the stomach flu that had hit the rest of my family earlier that week got me and I never tasted the food. The kids did thumbs down and my husband said that the soup was good but too strong. I shouldn't have used all fond.
Well, the only thing I can say is that it smelled pretty fab and that it was fun as long as it lasted.

2 comments:

  1. Well, from here that looks pretty darn good :^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm soo sorry you didn't even get to taste it ... I'm cooking fish tonight - I'll keep the bones for the artichokes tomorrow, I've never tried that!

    ReplyDelete