Friday, September 2, 2011

My husband makes the most amazing pizza. The dough thin, chewy in the middle and crispy on the outside.The cook in John Irving's Last Night In Twisted River adds a little honey to his pizza dough. After reading the said novel I tried to impress my husband telling him to add a dash of honey to the dough and he kindly told me that he had done that for years. Ok. Anyway. This post is about telling you the greatness about thin sliced raw potato and garlic on top of a pizza. It sounds quite dull, I know, but it's heavenly. No tomato sauce, just potatoes, garlic, some fresh rosemary or thyme and flaked salt. And olive oil. Don't forget the olive oil. Lots.

1 comment:

  1. I think I would be quite happy with the meals you prepare in your home! And the pizza sounds sooo good ... Usually I would dismiss the potato, but it somehow works with the garlic - and yes, no sauce!

    Also - If you could email me your address I'd like to send you a little something.

    ReplyDelete